Petition period 2020 is January 28 – February 18. In this period, candidates for office must gather petition signatures in order to be placed on the ballot. The number of signatures needed varies by office, from as few as 10-25 for local offices, up to thousands or tens of thousands for state and national offices.
Petition parties are an important way candidates collect signatures for ballot access. If you have time, please plan to attend a petition party during the petition period. Currently, petition parties are scheduled for the following dates and times (click links for further details):
- Saturday, February 1st 11 AM – 1 PM at the home of Sharon Humble and Doug Jones
- Tuesday, February 4th 6 PM – 8 PM at the Prachar home
- Saturday, February 8th 1PM – 4PM at the home of Cheryl Bittner and Barb Elliot
- Sunday, February 9, 2 PM – 5 PM at the home of Wendy Hughes and Mike Willner
- Saturday, February 15 4 PM – 7 PM at 332 Brigade Court
For more information on the 2020 candidates, follow this link.